The sale, service, and consumption of alcoholic beverages in and around the UNI-Dome are strictly prohibited, except under the following circumstances:
- Non-athletic UNI-Dome events where alcohol is sold, by the UNI-Dome's licensed vendor, for the consumption by event patrons coordinated through the Catering Manager.
- UNI Athletic events where the Athletic Department, through its licensed vendor, provides alcoholic beverages for private consumption by supporters and friends of the program.
- Functions that include the service of alcoholic beverages related to events hosted at athletic facilities.
- All functions involving 25 or more persons must receive written permission from the Associate Athletic Director/Internal Operations to hold the event. Requests must be made at least seven days in advance of the event and the issued permit must be made at least seven days in advance of the event and the issued permit must be visibly displayed at the site of the function.
- $100 deposit is required for all events in order to insure that both event security and appropriate clean-up are provided. If there are no problems with your tailgate, your deposit check will not be cashed and sent back to you.
- Sponsors of outdoor events agree to pay the university for the cost of one portable restroom per 25 attendees. Arrangements should be made through the Facilities/Operations office. Payments for these services must be paid prior to approval and will be non-refundable if the university incurs actual costs for providing such facilities or services.
- Trash receptacles will also be provided in numbers appropriate to the size of the event. The number of receptacles required will be estimated by the Intercollegiate Athletics staff and provided by Plant Services. Event sponsors will be responsible for the complete cleanup of their designated areas and the deposit of all refuse in the receptacles provided.
- All pre-event activities that occur as auxiliary activities to university-sponsored events will not begin more than four hours prior to the published starting time of the event. These activities are not permitted to resume at any time during game-time play. Post-event activities will not begin prior to the end of the game-time play and shall cease no later than one hour after the end of the event.
- UNI reserves the right to restrict loud music, public address system, etc.
- Kegs, cooler balls, and similar beverage dispensing devices are prohibited, as well as, glass bottles or containers.
- Charcoal grills are permitted for cooking. NO open fires are permitted.
- Parties participating in tailgating activities that include alcohol which are not in possession of an Athletic Club parking pass shall be directed to the North Dome lot. Parties participating in tailgating activities that do not include alcohol which are not in possession of an Athletic Club parking pass shall be directed to the Campbell B lot.
- All catering services done in the North Dome lot shall be run by UNI-Dome Concession services. All catering done in the Campbell B parking lot shall be run by UNI Department of Residence.
- Management and Administration of this policy is the responsibility of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Department of Public Safety will enforce all policies and state laws as required.
This policy and procedure is to be used in conjunction with all existing UNI policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.