October 28, 2020
Limited/Delayed Snowplowing and Deicing for Certain Parking Lots Winter Break (interim) 2020-2021
- During the 2020-2021 winter break - November 30, 2020 to January 15, 2021- certain remote and underutilized parking areas will receive limited or delayed snow plowing and deicing. See below for specific areas. While these lots may be accessible, a current, appropriate UNI parking permit is required and drivers park at their own risk during periods of inclement winter weather.
- All other parking areas on campus will receive normal snow plowing/removal and dicing. This includes designated A, certain B, CP, metered and inner campus lots.
- As stated in the UNI Parking Manual- All parking regulations are enforced during semester breaks, seasonal holidays and during the summer break. CP lots will be treated as C lots during interim periods in addition to the period of the week following spring finals and the week before fall classes begin. Lot designations will be lifted in the A and B lots during non-academic periods.
- Those remaining in the Resident Halls, or leaving their vehicles on campus, during this time, may park in any designated C Preferred (CP) parking lot (except 31st and Campus St CP lots which will be closed) with a current UNI parking permit. This will include R permits for this time period.
- If required, lots to accommodate basketball, volleyball games, and major events at the Dome, McLeod, and Gallagher Bluedorn Performing Arts Center (PAC) will be made ready during this time.
- All normal snow plowing/removal and dicing will commence January 16, 2020 and remain through the Spring 2021 semester.
Visit the interactive map for all locations or select specific area.
While these lots may be accessible, a current, appropriate UNI parking permit is required and drivers park at their own risk during periods of inclement winter weather.