Move in Week is August 19-23, 2019. Below are some quick maps to guide you to the right residence hall.
(All information is as of July 31, 2019 and subject to change due to road construction or the need for additional information).
Please keep in mind:
- Traffic on 23rd, 27th, Hudson and Campus Streets will back up at times throughout the day. Please be patient.
- To accommodate move in, 30 min max effective for Fall 2019 move in to unload & no overnight parking (1 am to 7 am) in all C Preferred Lots (those adjacent the residence halls) and other nearby lots posted as such.
- Parts or all of the Towers Lot may be closed due to construction.
- C Preferred permit holders may start using these lots Saturday, August 24, 2019.
- Follow all instructions the Police, Department of Residence and Parking personnel. They are there to help.
- Once done moving in, please move your vehicle to one of the authorized overnight parking lots or areas specified on the maps.
- The C lot adjacent Roth is not subject to 1 hour max and overnight parking restrictions.
- All permit requirements & lot restrictions enforced beginning midnight Monday, August 26, 2019.
We have extended office hours Fall 2019:
Thursday & Friday of Move In Week August 22-23, 2019: 8 am to 6 pm
Saturday and Sunday before classes begin August 24-25, 2019: 12 pm to 4 pm
1st Week of Class August 26-30, 2019: Mon-Thur 8 am to 6 pm; Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Closed Labor Day
2nd Week of Class Sept 3-6, 2019: Mon-Thur 8 am to 6 pm; Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
All Move In information for the Spring and Summer 2020 semesters is the same except the following:
- There is no time limit or overnight parking restrictions in the C Preferred lots.
Street parking: 23rd Street (in front of Lawther, Campbell and Bartlett Halls, UNI Bookstore, etc) Campus Street (adjacent Campbell and Dancer Halls) are City of Cedar Falls controlled streets, not UNI. Do not park on any City street contrary to the posted signage!
Parking and Access by Residence Hall
July 12, 2019: Please note the 1 hour move in time has changed to 30 min effective for the Fall 2019 Move In!