Due to changes in the move in process, please refer to all options and instructions as designated by the Department of Residence MOVE-IN: Fall in addition to the information listed below. (Note: due to current circumstances all information is subject to change).
To help ensure your safety, comply with COVID-19 distancing requirements and minimize crowd size:
We will conduct all permit ordering/issuing/processing through the Parking Portal until otherwise announced. The mail option will close on or about August 8, 2020 to ensure timely delivery. After that, pick up is the only option.
All returns will be handled via mail until otherwise announced. If, for whatever reason, you must return (not exchange) your permit please mail it to the address below with a note requesting a refund. We will get back with you. Permits must be received by August 28, 2020 for a full refund.
- We will conduct no exchanges (upgrades or downgrades) at our office until Monday, August 24, 2020. Until such time please park according to your current permit.
- Street parking: 23rd Street (in front of Lawther, Campbell and Bartlett Halls, UNI Bookstore, etc) Campus Street (adjacent Campbell and Dancer Halls) are City of Cedar Falls controlled streets, not UNI. Do not park on any City street contrary to the posted signage!
- There is NO OVERNIGHT PARKING (1 am to 7 am) in lots adjacent to the Residence Halls (C Preferred Lots) from Monday August 10 to Friday August 14, 2020. CP permit holders may start using these lots Saturday Aug 15, 2020. Once done moving in during this time, please move your vehicle to one of the authorized overnight parking lots east of Hudson Road. See Overnight parking areas during designated Move In Week map.
- The C lot adjacent Roth is not subject to overnight parking restrictions.
- Traffic on 23rd, 27th, Hudson and Campus Streets may back up at times throughout the day. Please be patient.
- Follow all instructions the Police, Department of Residence and Parking personnel. They are there to help.
- All permit requirements & lot restrictions enforced beginning midnight Monday, August 17, 2020.
We have extended office hours Fall 2020 (pick up permits only if you've been notified):
Aug 12-14, 2020: M-F 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sat-Sun Aug 15-16, 2020: Noon to 4 p.m.
Aug 17- Aug 28, 2020: M-Th: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m
F: 8 a.m. to 4:30
Labor Day (Pending)
(Note: information subject to change.)
All other Move In information for the Spring and Summer 2021 semesters are the same as above except the following:
- There is no time limit or overnight parking restrictions in the C Preferred lots.