Campus Security Authority

Certain employees, known as Campus Security Authorities (CSA), have a legal obligation to file a report with University Police Services of suspected criminal activity using the Campus Security Authority Reporting Form to ensure statistical inclusion of all crimes specified by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (“Clery Act”) in the University’s Annual Security Report when those crimes occur on or near university property, including on-campus property, property immediately adjacent to the campus, and off-campus property owned or controlled by the university.

CSAs are:

  • University Police
  • Non-police security staff responsible for monitoring university property
  • Officials and/or faculty and staff with significant responsibility for student and campus activities
  • Individuals designated by the campus

Who is a Campus Security Authority?

If you are unsure of whether you are a CSA, please contact your dean, director or department head, or contact Helen Haire, Clery Compliance Officer, at

If a reported victim wishes to file a police report, please advise and assist them to contact the UNI Department of Public Safety directly at 319-273-2712. If you believe there is an immediate or ongoing threat to the safety of an individual(s), always call 911.

Note: Filing a CSA Reporting Form does not take the place of contacting UNI's Department of Public Safety and filing a police report. These forms are used to comply with the federal Clery Act to help assess whether a timely warning or emergency notification to the campus community is warranted; to update the daily crime log; and to ensure proper statistical inclusion of reported crimes in the university’s annual report.

Campus Security Authority - Reporting Form

Download and print the form or fill it out and submit below.

Questions about filling out the form? Download the Quick Reference Guide.

Law Enforcement Agencies the incident has been reported to